Yeah, it takes two baby.
Speaking in behalf of at least a few of the world’s copywriters, I want to clear something up.
Yes, we’re professional writers.
Yes, we’re well versed in the art of writing persuasively, coherently and effectively.
Yes, we even have some excellent ideas to add to your project.
The one thing we’re not are experts in your particular field.
Even if we’ve written for your industry before, we’re not experts in your niche.
The only person that knows your customers, business and buying objections inside and out is you, that’s why copywriting takes two.
Your side of the copywriting partnership
So, what’s your remit?
As writers we will look to you for information about:
- Your business
- Your USP
- Your customers and their buying objections
- The reasons why they should come to you
- How you make their life better
- Your processes and product/service details
- Why you do what you do
- What you want to achieve from your copywriting project
- The scope of your project
Our side of the copywriting partnership
As for our side of things, well…
- We ask lots of questions
- We listen
- We research and learn
- We use our experience to guide and formulate the project
- We use our skills and expertise to create content in the right voice
- We lay out the content in a way that works
- We use our marketing skills to create engaging content
In other words, every copywriting project takes two people: you as the expert in your business and me as the expert in copywriting and marketing communications.
I won’t question the way you run your business and you place your trust in me that through my experience and expertise I will create the best possible content I can for you.
That’s how it works.
Copywriting is a partnership.
No writer can be hired and then, without any direction or input from you, create something that will work. Copywriting doesn’t work that way.
We work together, bringing our individual expertise to the project, to get the results you want.
That’s all there is to it.