Revitalise Tired Website CopywritingFebruary 11th 2010 Sally Ormond copywriter, freelance copywriter, Suffolk copywriter, Website copywriting
After a while your website copywriting is going to become tired or out of date. Its pulling power will lessen resulting, potentially, in a drop in sales.
If this happens it’s because your readers have become bored of the same old message. They’re ready for something fresh that will make them sit up and take notice.
Before you roll your eyes at me and think “…and just when am I supposed to find the time to re-write my web copy?” remember that simple changes can make a huge impact. To give you a hand, I’ve devised a list of 10 simple ways to breathe live back into your tired sales copy.
1. Change the length of your copy – if long copy hasn’t worked, try short.
2. Use more sub headings to make your text easier to read.
3. Pose questions that will persuade your reader to buy.
4. Highlight your keywords.
5. Put your main benefits in a bulleted list to make them standout at the start of your page.
6. Play with the font size – make the salient points larger.
7. Increase or decrease your advertised product price.
8. Include testimonials and statistics, but make sure they are real and relevant.
9. Take out any jargon.
10. Try a special offer, free trial or discounts.
Your website copy shouldn’t be static. It should evolve with your business so make sure you review it regularly.
Sally Ormond is a freelance copywriter based in Suffolk. She works with companies all over the country and internationally providing copywriting services to help them increase their market visibility, targeted web traffic and sales