23 Amazing Facebook Advertising FactsMay 26th 2015 Sally Ormond facebook, Facebook ads, facebook marketing, Facebooks facts, Facebooks stats
Do you love stats and facts?
That’s why, when I stumbled across this post by Jeff Bullas, I had to share it with you.
Facebook, love it or hate it, is one of the big hitters when it comes to paid advertising. You can’t help but have noticed targeted ads popping up in your timeline tempting you to divert your energies from social chat to shopping.
If you’ve dabbled in Facebook advertising for your business, it’s worth checking out these facts to see if there’s something new you could try in your next ad to increase its effectiveness.
- There are more than 2 million active users of Facebook
- Over 700 million users visit Facebook on mobile every day (make sure your website is mobile-friendly)
- Mobile makes up 66% of Facebook’s advertising revenue, up from 49% twelve months ago
- Users bought £234 million worth of virtual goods and gifts on Facebook over a quarter
- Targeting Facebook ads by custom audiences mean lower CPCs (cost per click)
- 21% of fans Like a page to do research on that business’ goods or services
- “Socially devoted” brands get 3.5 times more user interaction than non-devoted brands (i.e. a brand with open communication to their fans, responding to their comments in a timely fashion)
- 41% of fans Like a page to receive regular updates from a brand
- Facebook boost visibility for the last 50 pages a fan interacts with
- About 75% of a post’s total engagement will happen within its first 5 hours
- Post using emoticons receive higher rates of engagement
- Facebook’s algorithm prioritises Facebook videos on users’ News Feeds
- Facebook video plays are increasing 758% year on year
- Asking a question at the end of your post yields a 100% increase in comments over posts with a question in the middle of the post
- 35% of Facebook fans Liked a page specifically to compete in a contest
- Approximately 70% of monthly users in the US and Canada are connected to a local business
- There are now more than 40 million active small business Pages on Facebook
- One out of four people who use Facebook to write complaints to brands expect a response within the hour
- Ad click are increasing 70% year on year and ad click-through rates are increasing 160%
- 78% of fans use a brand before they Like the page
- Shorter posts receive 60% more engagement
- Friday is the best day for users to post, like and comment on social media
- Photos account for 93% of user engagement activity on Facebook
Next time you’re putting a Facebook ad together, check back at these facts and see how you can improve your hit rate.